Saturday, May 5, 2018

The Happy Ending to the Rotary Table Issue

I should have posted about this earlier in the week, when I finished the part that caused me grief on the rotary table.  "Finished" in the sense of being done with the machining on the rotary table.  I "finished" in the sense of using several grits of sandpaper to make it look nicer yesterday. 

Nevertheless... 


Not perfect, but totally usable and ready to mount.  The last cut I made with the boring head on the mill made that opening in the middle a couple of thousandths too big, but that's not a problem.  The next part I make, the engine's cylinder, gets press fit into that bore so it just gets cut it to match. 

I've begun work on the cylinder, preparing the stock for the operations it's going to get. 

This is the first part for the current project.  There are many more to come.   


2 comments: